Join the award winning Solesmith team with new roles for Studio Production Assistants.
Solesmith is on the look out for new members of the team who can knock our socks off!
We are looking for energetic, hard working and dedicated individuals to join our company from November over the Christmas period (with opportunities for a career beyond!)
We are looking for studio assistants to work personalising our products and on the packing bench to ensure all the gifts reach our customers safely.
Solesmith is growing fast so there are great opportunities for a recent school leaver or graduate looking to work in production, online gift and fashion retail.
Solesmith is the personalised sock company, rapidly expanding to sell a range of gifts, clothing and accessories. We are a young, exciting, fast growing and creative company – named one of the Top 100 UK startups in 2017 and winners of the Burton Mail Business Award 2017.
Our products are all sold online through our website (www.solesmith.co.uk), on notonthehghstreet.com as well as through wholesale customers and even with contracts as far away as Australia.
Each one of the products in our range is designed and personalised in our Burton Workshop. Our designs have been featured on EastEnders, Sunday Brunch, The Telegraph, Welsh Weddings, Home and Garden and have been ordered and made for celebrities including Professor Green, Amanda Holden, Nicola Adams, Phil Tufnell, and ITV’s This Morning.
We are looking for energetic and enthusiastic candidates that are compatible with the ethos of the Solesmith brand to join our hard-working team in full time and part time positions.
The position of Studio Production Assistant tasks will include processing; personalising and making our lovely products; and packing and dispatch. The roles are fast paced and the ability to work at speed and manage your time are essential.
Candidates must be willing to work flexible hours, which can include evening and weekend work during our busy periods (Christmas!)
Full training is provided, but we do expect applicants to have a certain level of competency and skills. Please see the details below of what we are searching for in an ideal employee.
There are many opportunities for career development for the right candidate as we grow beyond Christmas.
Qualifications & Experience (training will be given, but any additional experience will be beneficial):
- Grade C Maths and English GCSE
- Experience in using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator would be a huge bonus for some roles
- Excellent IT skills (Typing, Emails, Word)
- Knowledge and experience in a retail, office and/or warehouse environment is not essential but would be advantageous
You will also need to:
- Be a great team player with excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to work to a fast pace and manage your time well
- Have an eye for detail and high standards
- Be enthusiastic with a sense of fun.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you think you could be a great addition to Solesmith, please send an email for the attention of Lauren to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A copy of your CV
- A covering letter detailing how you meet the above criteria for the job and why you think you would be a good fit for our team.
- Indicate Full or Part Time and available hours.
If you have any questions about the role, please use the email address above and we will get back to you as soon as possible.