Step into the Solesmith careers page. We'll keep this page updated with our latest vacancies and we are currently recruiting!!
So if you think you could knock our socks off please take a look at the roles listed below. If you have any questions or want to find out more please take a look at our Facebook, Instagram, email Lauren (email@example.com) or call the studio on 01283 542875
Join the award winning Solesmith team as a Studio Production Assistant and help us make, personalise and out a spring in our customers' step.
We are looking for energetic and enthusiastic candidates that are compatible with the ethos of the Solesmith brand to join our hard-working team.
Solesmith is on the look out for new members of the team who can knock our socks off!
The studio assistant role will involve getting to know all areas of our production line, managing orders with our order management system and using the whole breadth of our machinery, skills and technology. Within in this we'd hope that the perfect candidate would also be able to specialise on one specific area.
Training can and will be given in all areas and the below is a brief look at some of the daily tasks involved.
-Order management and using our customer's order managemetn portals to accept, manage and dispatch customer's orders.
- Making using our various machinery including embroidery machines, heat presses, vinyl cutters, printers and sign application tools.
- Design Setting on Adobe Illustrator and photoshop (involves efficient typing skills)
- Packing and Dispatch - giftwrapping and liasing with Royal Mail and DHL
- Customer Service and admin - email and phone support for customers and managing admin around the studio.
- Business support and administration for any projects.
-Supporting the creative team.
Solesmith is growing fast so there are great opportunities looking to work in giftware production, online gift and fashion retail.
Solesmith is the personalised sock company, rapidly expanding to sell a range of gifts, clothing and accessories. We are a young, exciting, fast growing and creative company – named one of the Top 100 UK startups in 2017 and winners of the Burton Mail Business Award 2017.
Our products are all sold online through our website (www.solesmith.co.uk), on notonthehghstreet.com, Next, Joules, Getting Personal as well as through wholesale customers and even with contracts as far away as Australia.
Each one of the products in our range is designed and personalised in our Burton Workshop. Our designs have been featured on EastEnders, Sunday Brunch, The Telegraph, Welsh Weddings, Home and Garden and have been ordered and made for celebrities including Professor Green, Amanda Holden, Nicola Adams, Phil Tufnell, and ITV’s This Morning.
A GREAT CANDIDATE:
Full training is provided, but we do expect applicants to have a certain level of competency and skills. Please see the details below of what we are searching for in an ideal employee.
There are many opportunities for career development for the right candidate as we grow beyond Christmas.
Qualifications & Experience (training will be given, but any additional experience will be beneficial):
- Grade C Maths and English GCSE
- Experience in using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator would be a huge bonus for some roles
- Excellent IT skills (Typing, Emails, Word)
- Knowledge and experience in a retail, office and/or warehouse environment is not essential but would be advantageous
You will also need to:
- Be passionate about gifting, creativity and bringing joy to customers.
- Be a great team player with excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to work to a fast pace and manage your time well
- Have an eye for detail and high standards
- Be enthusiastic, energetic and be able to join our team with a sense of fun.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you think you could be a great addition to Solesmith, please include:
- A copy of your CV
- A covering letter detailing how you meet the above criteria for the job and why you think you would be a good fit for our team
If you have any questions about the role, please use the email address above and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
We are looking to recruit a Marketing Assistant in the day-to-day running of online and offline marketing. The role requires a great understanding and up-to-date knowledge of giftware in the UK market specifically. This includes Solesmith’s key customers, our competitors, influencers and celebrities.
The role will also cover worldwide sales and as such an understanding of any other overseas markets would be beneficial.
Key responsibilities include:
- Running online advertising
- Managing, running, reporting and analysing:
- Facebook and Instagram Ads
- Email Marketing
- Developing and building relationships with influencers, press and seeking opportunities for collaborations.
- Design and content creation for advertisements, online content and
- Managing social platforms with a key calendar, scheduled posts and interacting with followers.
- Feeding back key reports to the rest of the company and participating in
- Gaining brand recognition
We are looking for
- A self motivated individual with a keen eye for digging deep into data and analysis.
- 1+ years experience within online marketing or in e-commerce.
- A keen understanding of the UK giftware market
- An ability to use Photoshop or illustrator to help with the creative content.
- A degree in business, marketing would be preferable.
- A candidate with exceptional communication skills who can work closely with the rest of our small team.
- A positive attitude.